Homemade Italian Thin-crust pizza with Doppio Zero Flour (00 flour)
|Doppio Zero Flour (I used here and also recommend here)|
|Arugula and avocado|
The name Doppio Zero flour (00 flour) refer to specifically Italian milled flour. 00 indicates the most finely ground flour. Compared to all-purpose, you need reduce liquid amount. It produces very yummy pizza dough with chewy thin-crust & puffy rim!
You can choose a long fermentation in the fridge over night or a fast one with bread machine (or in a warm place). I feel this dough is very forgiving!
Ingredients (3 * 12" pizza):
3 cup 4 tbsp 00 flour or bread flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (more for brushing)
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp honey
1 1/4 cup warm water (100-110F) (for all-purpose flour consider add 1 extra tbsp water)
- In a small bowl, add the warm water and sprinkle the yeast. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and honey to #1, mix and rest another 5 minute.
- Use a stand mixer / bread machine / or by hand, combine flour / salt and #2. Here you have two choices. You can get a smooth and elastic dough by hand or with a mixer then leave it in the fridge overnight for a long fermentation. Or, leave it in a warm place for 30 minutes for a short fermentation. I used a bread machine (pizza dough function which normal has 45 minutes) and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a well floured space. The dough should be very soft!
- Divided the dough in 3 portions.
- Pre-heat oven to 500F.
- Dust pizza pan with corn flour.
- Shape the dough on the pizza pan and brush the top with extra virgin olive oil. Use a fork to pork some holes.
- Add toppings
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- All meat for toppings should be fully cooked.
- If you like mushroom, remember to stir fry it to remove some water. I also like to add some truffle oil / butter (here) with mushroom.
- If you like cherry tomato, I suggest bake them at 425F for 5 minutes then use.
- When shape the dough, brush olive oil then shape it round
Post a Comment