Shakshuka + Best no-knead Artisan bread
|Le Creuset cast-iron skillet (sale here)|
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thin sliced yellow onion (~ half medium to large size onion)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- one 28-oz can diced tomato
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 4 eggs
- optional: pepperoni, sausage, avocado
- preheat oven 375F
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, ~10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add garlic, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Then add tomato, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- For meat lovers, add precooked sausage and pepperoni.
- Make 4 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs. Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes (timing will depend on how ruby you like egg yolks).
- Season with pepper and sprinkle parsley. Serve with fresh avocado and toasted bread.
Easy no knead artisan bread
|Alta Artisan bread flour (here)|
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (aerate the flour first!)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (~ 100F)
- 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- stir together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add in warm water and stir with a spatula until the dough is evenly mixed and no large flour streaks remain. The dough should look quite loose and shaggy!
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest at room temperature for 3-5 hours or refrigerator in summer for 12 to 18 hours. This dough is very forgiving!
- Place dutch oven inside the oven and preheat the oven to 450F. Use a dutch oven slightly larger than the bread. Meanwhile, transfer the dough to a very well-floured surface. Fold the dough on top of itself to form a round dough ball. Carefully put the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Lightly flour the top of the dough. Transfer the parchment paper to a mix bowl and cover with plastic wrap- let it rest for 30min.
- Transfer the dough together with parchment paper to the preheated / super hot dutch oven. Cover the dutch oven lid and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove the lid and bak for 5-10 minute until the crust of the bread reaches your desired level.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack for at least 30min before serve.