Simple yogurt bread
Greek yogurt bread is easy to make and only needs one fermentation process - about 2 hours preparation~
1. bread flour: 400g
2. greek yogurt: 100g
3. egg + heavy cream: 85g (measure egg first, then add heavy cream)
4. milk: 75g
5. salt: 4g
6. sugar: 50g
7. yeast: 5g
8. unsalted butter: 30g (room temperature)
9. extra egg for egg wash, and sliced almond for decoration
1. Add ingredients 1-6 in the container (I use bread machine here).
2. Add yeast into the yeast dispenser (if your machine doesn't have one, make sure yeast doesn't touch sugar and salt).
3. Let the machine knead for 10 minutes.
4. Add butter in, and knead for another 10 minutes.
5. Shape the dough, line the baking pan with parchment paper, space the dough and put in the oven. Turn on the oven light, and put a bowl of hot water next to the baking pan. Let the dough rise about 1-1.5 hour, or until the size doubles.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F.
7. Brush egg wash, and bake for 20min. Cover the pan with foil paper when the bread reaches the darkness you prefer.