Oven roasted pecan with FIVE-SPICE powder
Preparation & cooking time: 30 minutes
1. raw pecan: 1 lb
2. salt: 3/4 tsp
3. sugar: 1/2 tsp
4. five-spice powder: 2/3 tsp (here)
1. Preheat oven to 330F. line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix salt, sugar and five-spice in a small bowl.
3. Add pecan to boiling water and leave for 20 seconds. Drain the water.
4. Combine 1/3 of the mixture (step 2.) and pecan in a shaker or cup with a lid. Shake to wrap the pecan with spices, then add another 1/3 of the mixed spice. Repeat the step.
5. Spread the pecan on the prepared pan as a singer layer. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Leven the nuts outside for at least 1 1/2 hours, then store them in an air-tight container - here.
Thank you so much for reading!