Savory Sticky Rice Bowls (or Stir-Fried Sticky Rice)
- 2 cups glutinous (sweet) rice, rinse then soak in cold water for 2-3 hours （糯米）
- 200g Chinese sausage, chopped into pea size (白油肠, 约5根)
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, soak in cold water for 1 hour then chopped into pea size （香菇）
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp, chopped （虾米）
- 1/2 cup green beans （青豆)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (light) （生抽）
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce （甜酱油）
- 2 tsps oil (油)
- 1 2/3 cups water （水）
- Add 2 tsps oil to a non-sticky wok. Stir fry Chinese sausage for 2 minutes on medium heat;
- Drain the water from sweet rice. Add sweet rice in the wok, and stir together with the sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the rice starts to dry out. Keep stirring on medium heat.
- Add 1/3 cup water into the wok, keep stirring till the rice absorbs all the water. About 5 minutes.
- Add the second 1/3 cup water and dried shrimp. Keep stirring till the rice absorbs all the water.
- Add the third 1/3 cup water, stirring...
- Add the fourth 1/3 cup water and chopped mushroom. Keep stirring till the rice absorbs all the water.
- Add the last (fifth) 1/3 cup water, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sweet soy sauce and 1/2 cup green beans. Switch to low heat. Stir quickly, then cover the wok with a lid. Keep it on the low heat for 30 minutes. Stir couple times in the between.