Rack of Lamb Casserole
1. 3 lb rack of lamb
0.5 lb carrot (cut in 1 inch cubes)
dry red pepper (10 pc)
ginger (1 tbsp size)
garlic (4 cloves, cut each into 3 pc)
green onion (2)
dry fennel (1 tbsp)
cummin (1 tsp)
cilantro (2 tbsp)
soy sauce (5 tbsp)
wine (1 tbsp)
vinegar (1 tsp)
amomum taso-ko 草果(1pc)
花椒 （1/2 tsp)
1. Cut the rack into small pieces. Put lamb in cold water and heat to boil. Clean with running water. This step helps to get rid of blood and extra fat.
2. Heat a cast-iron french oven. Stir fry ginger, dry pepper, garlic, green onion and dry fennel with 2 tbsp oil for 30 seconds to 1 min then add in lamb. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup water together with soy sauce, vinegar, wine and sugar in the french oven. Stay on high heat till boil, then switch to low heat (with lid on) for 45 minutes.
4. Add in carrot and leave on low heat for another 20 minutes.
5. Reduce the amount of sauce on medium-high heat till the sauce is sticky. Add in cilantro right before serving.