Red velvet cupcake
Prepare time: 20 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
total servings: ~ 20 cupcakes
. 2 cups all purpose flour
. 1tsp baking soda
. 1tsp baking powder
. 1tsp salt
. 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
. 1 1/2 cups sugar
. 1 cup vegetable oil
. 2 large eggs
. 1 cup buttermilk
. 2 tsp vanilla extract
. 3/4 - 1oz red food coloring (here)
. 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
. 1/2 cup plain hot coffee (don't skip this ingredient)
1. preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl, combine and sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using electric mixer, combine sugar and vegetable oil.
4. Mix in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring at the medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
5. Stir in coffee and white vinegar (low speed).
6. Add dry mixture a little at time, mixing at the low speed, just until combined.
7. Divide batter in cupcake liners (about 85% full). Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Don't over bake as cupcakes will continue to cook as it cools. Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Post a Comment