Chocolate, cranberry and macadamia nuts cookies
After a few trial and error, I had macadamia nuts cookies coming out of the oven as I expected - not too chewy, not too crispy...
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter (8oz total) - room temperature!!!
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
3/4 cup roasted salted macadamia nuts - coarsely chopped
You could increase about 20% of sugar and brown sugar if you have sweet tooth :-)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a big bowl, mix and sift flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Using electric mixer, beat room temperature butter to fluffy at the high speed.
3. At the medium speed, add brown sugar and sugar and blend well.
4. Add eggs and beat at the medium speed, one egg at a time.
5. Blend in vanilla extract.
6. At the low speed, add the flour, baking soda and salt mixture.
7. Blend in dried cranberry, chocolate chips and coarsely chopped macadamia nuts.
8. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased parchment paper.
9. Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes or until the color just starts to change. Cool for 1 minute and move to cookie racks...