Sweet and sour spareribs
Sweet and sour spareribs is a popular Chinese dish for everyone! I like the healthy deep-fry-free style. Let us make the dish together, step by step. If you follow the recipe, you won't be disappointed...
spareribs: 800g (weight after Step 2!)
garlic: 2 cloves
ginger: 3 quarter size pcs
Teavana German rock cane sugar: 50g (here)
black vinegar: 1 tbsp
cooking wine: 1tbsp
soy sauce: 1/4 cup
crushed dry red pepper: 1/2 tsp
water: 1 1/2 - 2 cup (covering ribs)
oil: 1-2 tbsp
dry white pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
baked sesame: 1/4 tsp
optional Chinese spices: 八角大料 4粒， 桂皮约小手指大小，花椒 1/4 tsp
Teavana German rock cane sugar is pure and unprocessed. It makes my dishes look and taste better! I also use it with my tea and coffee. It sweetens my beverage without changing any flavor!
1. Cut the ribs into 1.5 - 2.5'' (I always ask a favor from butchers).
2. Soak the ribs in cold water for at least half an hour; or put in cold water and heat till boil. This helps get rid of blood. I prefer to boiling them to get rid of excess fat at the same time. Clean with running water. Drain excess water.
3. Melt rock cane sugar in the oil. Stir fry ribs quickly, then add all ingredients in. Keep on high heat till the water boils.
4. Switch to medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes (with the lid on). Stir every 10 minutes.
5. Reduce the amount of sauce (liquid in the wok) on medium heat, keep stirring until the sauce is sticky (like syrup).
I hope you like the recipe!
Post a Comment