Sour cream marble loaf pound cake
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350F
- Lining with parchment paper, then grease (I used butter) and flour the loaf pan (8.5 by 4.5, here)
- cream the butter and sugar together at the high-speed for 5 minutes
- add the sour cream and keep mixing until incorporated
- sift flour, baking soda and salt together
- add in 1/4 flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with an egg, beating at the medium-high speed. Leave the mixer at 'stir' or low speed when you add flour mixture to avoid the cloud
- add vanilla to the mixture
- mixed melted butter with cocoa powder until well blended. Add 1/3 of the batter to cocoa mixture. Blend well.
- pour the 1/2 of the remaining batter into the greased and floured pan. Spread the cocoa batter, then top with the remaining batter, to 85% full of the pan.
- bake for 60 to 75 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- cool on the cookie rack then store in refrigerator in a lidded container or zipper bag.
* Check the cake every 5 minute after 60 minute for the first time you make it, since every oven is different. If you use different size of loaf pan, baking time might vary.