Eggplant with garlic sauce - homemade dish
fresh grand pork: 50g
ginger, scallion and 4 cloves garlic
spicy sauce mixed with: 1 1/2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, 4 tsp soy sauce, 4 tsp crushed red pepper, dry white pepper powder 1/2 tsp, and water 2 tsp. (Optional, 花椒 or 花椒粉）
1. Heat wok, and add 5 tbsp oil. Stir fry grand pork till the color changed on the high heat.
2. Add eggplant, scallion, ginger and garlic and stir fry till the eggplant absorbs the oil, on medium heat.
3. Pour the spicy sauce in the wok, and mix well. Keep the heat on low-medium. Cover the wok. Stir frequently till the eggplant gets tender.
4. Add shrimp in the wok, and stir at high heat.
5. Sprinkle additional dry white pepper powder and scallion.
Thank you for your reading!
This looks delicious! I used to work in an authentic Chinese (Hong Kong Style) restaurant for a few years and the chefs would make this quite often for dinner! And so my love affair with eggplants began! Not sure if i'll be able to make it quite as well as them, but this recipes looks just great!!ReplyDelete
Dried crushed red pepper wouldn't make the dish super spicy...Delete