Vince Draped Boiled Wool Jacket & Burberry Down Coat
I love layering during the hush winter in Cleveland, Ohio. The great thing about layering is keeping you warm when you were outside, while still staying stylish and comfy when you are indoor. On another hand, layering allows more creativities: simply adding another piece you can build an entirely different outfit.
I want to share some layering tips:
1. Stick to the same color family. No matter your choice, try to go with colors that can all fit in the same color family.
2. Layering a longer thinner piece under a shorter thicker piece. Wearing a tunic style long sleeve shirt under a short leather jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a scarf can give you a stylish and chic look.
3. Mix different fabric. The rule is thinner, lighter fabric always stay underneath.
4. Defined waist makes petite frame more proportional. Try a belt or fitted jacket to give some shape and dimension to the outfit.
5. Scarf is an essential item to achieve a layered look.
Fabby readers, do you have other layering ideas want to share with us?
Outfit:Down Vest: Burberry Brit (old)
Sweater Coat: Vince (Available Here)
Colored Jeans: J Brand in Merlot. Style "Maria" ( Higher rise waist, very comfortable). Similar Here
Boots: Chie Mihara (Style "Marbor" 2011 winter collection)
Scarf: Givenchy (similar here)
Post a Comment