Pack smart & travel light: style myself for 6 days in a carry-on luggage
I will stay in San Diego for ARO (association for research in otolaryngology) meeting in the next 6 days. I usually don't check any bags for domestic travel, because first, I don't want to pay the fee though it can be reimbursed, second, I don't want to take the risk of loss any stuff I will live with. So packing everything in a carry on suitcase is pretty challenging. I need clothes, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, necessary electronics and their chargers, and also gym shoes & clothes......... a very big headache! I pulled things in and took them out, back and forth........ Eventually I told myself, "I am going to a big city, and I always can buy!". It is actually true, as a shopping lover I always buy something back. LOL. Anyways, those are clothes I packed for the next 6 days, for a local temperature 45-70F. Though I will present my poster, the overall dressing should be casual. I also limited shoes to be real walking shoes, which is super super super important for me!
Here are my plans~
#1:Burberry brit check print shirt + Anthropologie pants + Zara jacquard white blazer (left one)
#2 Theory adalbert semi-sheer turtleneck white sweater + J Brand wax coated jeans + Marc by Marc Jacobs trench coat (keep me warm here, only 35F)
#3 Anne Fontaine black tank + JCrew eyelet pencil skirt + Elizabeth and James black blazer + JCrew belt + Cole Haan bootie
After a careful comparison between Anthropology and JCrew red skirts, I decided to take JCrew skirt, size 00. It is $118 in store. I can't bother to do an alteration of that Anthropology red skirt . The super long zipper at the back of that anthropology skirt needs to be shortened for sure.
#4 Anne Fontaine white shirt + JCrew eyelet pencil skirt + JCrew white skinny belt
#5 D&G black shirt (bought in 2003, 9 years old shirt) + JBrand jeans + Zara jacquard white blazer
#6 Missoni for target tank dress and cardigan
My suitcase is 90% full now...... Guess what will I do for the rest 10%? lol......
Enjoy weekend, and I will try to share you some pictures from San Diego.